Thank you to everyone who came to the Calgary chapter's Family Lobster Boil on Wednesday, May 16. I personally want to extend special thanks to our team of volunteers who helped put this event together.
- To our planning committee: Jay Donlevy, Phil Markovich, Claire Barry, Jeff Paddon and Mike Brain. Events like this don't happen overnight. This talented team of leaders planned every last detail of the evening, from the venue to who would supply what equipment and beyond.
- To our resident lobster expert Bill Ellsworth, who definitely showed that he's no slouch when it comes to lobster cooking for larger groups of people. His advice proved to be invaluable in getting the lobster cooked in a timely (and might I say delicious) manner.
- To our kitchen staff: Consuelo Munar, Oscar Munar, Phil Markovich, Mike Brain. Thank you for preparing the food and for ensuring the steady supply.
- To our bartenders: Tom Charuk and Heather Bannier. It's never easy to be a bartender for a group of StFX Alumni but you were both fantastic. And to Lexi Tedesco, Marlee Boyle and Jay Donlevy for handling liquor ticket and raffle ticket sales.
- To our special guests: Shawn Monahan, Tim Lang and Dr. Sean Riley, thank you for flying across the country to visit with us. Your presence definitely reminds us that with your leadership, our Xaverian legacy is well placed.
- To the various business partners, particularly the Mt. Pleasant Community Association, Great Events and Boyd's, for providing such wonderful service and helping us put the event together.
- And finally, to all of you for your continued support of the chapter. It's because of you that our chapter remains strong and vibrant. We definitely have to do this again sometime.
Our next event
The chapter's next event is the annual Student Send-off on Sunday, June 24. For those who are unfamiliar, the Student Send-off is a networking possibility for new first-year students to meet with university officials (from Recruitment) and current StFX students. Over dinner, the new students learn about what the first few days of campus life is like, how to register for classes, and generally what life is like in Antigonish. We can definitely use a few hands to help us out, so if you're interested, drop the chapter a line (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Hail and Health,
Oliver Munar '98
President, Calgary chapter
StFX Alumni Association